Sunday 2 March 2008

Sat 1 March: Final Fantasy



Last night I went over the road to the Kentish Town Forum to see Owen Pallett perform at a night he curated with a line up of other acts. Whilst he performed by layering loops of sounds from his violin, there was a fantastic live animation going on in the background. I eyed up the OHP before the performance with my geeky appreciation for these dinosaur pieces of equipment (of which we have 3 in our studio). I have never seen one used in this way before! As the sounds layered up, the animator layered up carefully cut imagery that would connect to become whole stories and moved with her hands. It was such an endearing way to illustrate songs on stage and beats any VJ that I have seen. (I have stolen this photo from flickr and cannot take credit it for it......its by John Gleeson)

No comments: