Friday 11 July 2008

Fri 11th July: Fashion DJ's Part 2

Thank goodness I worked out how to watch aswell as listen yesterday because when I heard Simon Foxton introduce his session I knew something was up. Not seemingly the Foxton voice I am familiar with; we investigated the video stream and it soon became clear..............Here was the impostor- one of Simon's assistants presenting the show from his office/shed with notes on " and this one is particularly special to me". Attired in a fresh "&Son" Dazzle polo shirt, he struck pensive poses as if reminiscing whilst listening to the eclectically chosen tracks. Over the hour, different camera angles zoomed in and out to frame him showing each viewpoint of Simon's shed and garden. (Here you can see some shots of the interior of his workspace, which he kindly took for my Kicker's research last year.)
This contribution to the day's schedule shone out for its idiosyncratic humour and beauty in planning. Both of which being Foxton trademarks. Thankyou for brightening up our day!

Meanwhile back at Abbey Road Studios, Stephen Jones had me abandoning my desk to crank up the volume and dance to Donna Summer's "Our Love": Mari was lucky enough to witness my embarrassing Abigail's party/mum style dancing before her last day at the studio.
Then Anthony Price's priceless tales of Moustique had me blissfully distracted from the 2nd round of VAT scrambling............

Today is the last day of showstudio.com on air so catch it while you still can................ 87.7 FM




No comments: