Thursday 6 November 2008

Thurs 6th Nov: Timothy James Andrews

Last week I had a chance encounter with a designer who I am a BIG FAN of, so I was over the moon to make contact. I didn't realise that the gentlemen in a green woolly wonder with crochet flower pin detail was Timothy until after we had been chatting for quite a while. So when his garment bags opened and I saw the familiar cosmic creations, I couldn't contain my complements! He is the man responsible for the awesome Royal College MA collection seen here in this 1st picture styled by K A B I R. I remember walking past Kokon To Zai and internally self combusting and freaking out at the rainbow attack of patterns and textures in the window.
The latest collection is a barrage of wide tufting edged cable knit against tie-dye colours peeking through black canvas........all topped off with bubbles of overflowing rich stripey pom poms. Timothy has sent me some photos from his work space to give us a glimpse into his brainstorm bazaar and yarn store. The outline of inspiration for his next collection sounds MEGA YUMMY so I will keep track on what gets conjured up and other developments from the next London knitwear maverick.