Monday 1 December 2008

Monday 1st Dec: Golden Girls

This weekend I was invited down to the Brixton Academy for the finale of Roisin Murphy's tour which was a stunning send-off concert . It has only been a couple of weeks since I was last there when Emma Roach and Sarah Magnay invited me along to the Goldfrapp gig to see thier beautiful costumes. Emma has sent me an incredible compilation of images to show the process of inspiration through to the final pieces so I will post a few different entries throughout the day.
Firstly here are the choir masks which were inspired by a Wicker Man/Pagen/Folk concept and made using the technique for corn dollies. Different animals were made including a dear and an owl. How clever and intricate, its great to see them up close and the detail in these pictures.






No comments: