Monday 16 February 2009

Mon 16th Feb: My name is K A B I R

A couple of years ago, I was wearing one of my iridescent circle hairpins at a fashion week party and got accosted by an outrageously bedecked reveller who wanted to know where I got it. This is how I 1st met K A B I R, who went on to take me under his wing and introduce me to the clubland of London which I had never discovered being a doormouse, doormat 24/7 assistant. The rest is history and we have since collaborated on set as well as off, out and about on the dancefloor (and bar at Boombox). At last his boombastic portfolio is online and open to public view. Its great to see everything together in one place. From styling Paloma Faith and Roisin Murphy to devising show piece collaboration with Fleey Ilya to most recent look-book for knitwear label Sibling. Here are a couple of images from the most recent Drama magazine where he used my Bambi Blinkers on Lykke Li and my archive zipper necklace in a JCDC special. (images Ram Shergill)


No comments: