Saturday 27 June 2009

Sat 26th June: Secret Blisters @ Print Club




I'm not quite sure how I did this, but I took snaps from a print exhibition and managed to not actually photograph any of the work on show.  I was just so mesmerized by the setting.  Print Club operates  out of a hidden-away gem of a building in a back street of Dalston which also houses all of this lush antique furniture.  The parquet floor and peeling paint walls are a sensational back drop for the posters to be hung.  35 emerging and established illustrators have screen-printed a design in an edition of 35, each selling for £35.  The private view on Friday night had over 1000 visitors so it seems not everyone is in Shepton Mallet this weekend!  This year's show has taken a "secret" theme with the artists signature's disguised so that purchases are made purely on merit rather than names.  I was invited along by Rosy Nicholas (see above - telling the time) who has a shared studio at Print Club.  The evening also hosted an open-studios event for us to have a sneak around.  I got to see the print room where the posters were made and discovered that it is available for anyone to book by the hour, not just the residents.  I totally fell in love with Rosy's studio space so i will run another post to show that .................
Tomorrow is the last day of the poster sale (artists including Miles Donovan, Anthony Burrill, Kate Moross, Jody Barton, Eine......) and there is an auction at 2pm of the 1st edition with a personal message from the artist. 

Blisters on my fingers
Unit 3
Millers Av
Dalston
London E8 2DS


2 comments:

Lucys Lounge said...

how can you tease me with the photos of these fabulous antiques. please tell me if they have a website or phone nuber even a name thank you meanwhile i'll go back to drooling at the pictures.

fredbutlerstyle said...

Don't quote me on this but I think it is affilliated with Castle Gibson

http://www.castlegibson.com/

Enjoy!