Thursday 18 June 2009

Thurs 18th June: Patrick Wolf USA

Nemone's video of the week on BBC6 Music is "Hard Times" by Patrick Wolf and directed by Ace Norton.  Patrick was introduced to Ace by Marvin Jarret of Nylon magazine and travelled to NYC last month for the shoot, taking with him costumes by Ada Zanditon.  When I watched it, I felt as if I was having a dream where I was on a ghost train with The Triadic Ballet in some otherworldly dimension.  If you haven't seen it yet, watch the clip here:




He is already back in the States aboard the Nylon Summer Tour playing across North America with  an illustration of his face emblazoned down the side of the bus! Having expressed appreciation for my new collection, I have made him a silver shoulder piece which he debuted in L.A, seen here.  Patrick also has an archive of other pieces I have given him in the past, such as this black silk rose broach.  Its so heart-warming to discover that things are still being worn and enjoyed, long after the creation.  Patrick is  a true trailblazer and its an honour to be a contributor to his wardrobe.  I'll never forget the first time I met him and having a quick riffle through his trunk and seeing some original Seditionary Boots!  The boy knows how to dress and has the best dressing-up box to prove for it!






http://acenorton.com/

2 comments:

New Slang said...

He had the floral brooch last night! My favourite tour accessory of yours is the multi-coloured disco ball hat from a couple years ago!

K-Y-M said...

caledioscope! Love it!