Friday 14 August 2009

Friday 14th Aug: Thomas De Kluyver








If first spotted Thomas at Nova Dando's fashion show in Feb 2008 .............across the room there was a tall blond wearing lipstick and Mickey Mouse ears ..........I took note and kept my eye out for the next sighting........ I have a weakness for men in makeup!
It was thanks to Nova's blog that I found a link to his new website as the two have been collaborating on shoots and have an exciting project lined up for September which is currently under wraps. So until then.........I wanted to find out a little bit about the background to the artist behind the makeup as he is his best own ambassador when rocking a face of fierce magical macquillage.


"The whole thing with me wearing makeup is really cool actually because when I arrived here from Australia in sept 2007 I had a portfolio of really commercial work but I wanted to do these creative things and found it really hard to get a start so I started wearing this makeup on myself and people started booking me for jobs. Also I got the chance to meet some of my idols Pat McGrath, Alex Box etc. who took notice of me because they loved the makeup I had on and gave me advice for getting a leg up in the industry."


"I also assist Georgina Graham at CLM she is fabulous and an amazing make-up artist. Some inspiration for me at the moment is Fritz Lang movies, Film Noir and David Lynch. I also get alot of my inspiration from art galleries in London such as the Serpentine, Tate and Royal Academy. "


The last time I saw Thomas was at Namalee's Reebok launch for which he had worked on the campaign shots. He has also been notching up shoots for Dazed with Anna Trevelyan that you can find on his blog ...........I'm personally loving the Dean Quinn the best, obvs!!!!! :

http://thomasdekluyver.blogspot.com
http://www.thomasdekluyver.com

All images courtesy of Thomas

2 comments:

Olviya said...

HE IS JUST GORGEOUS!

Counter Narrative project said...

Talent, style and charm...a winning combination!