Thursday 31 December 2009

Thurs Dec 31st: Petra Storrs - Paper, Scissors, Paint






Its been an incredible year for Petra Storrs and in particular her long running collaboration with friend Paloma Faith.  I first saw the mirror dress Petra made at a performance in February 2008 and been a fan of their dream team ever since.  Most recently of course has been the whole set design of Paloma's debut for which Petra not only undertook the album artwork but also stage and costume design for the tour and the videos .............check it all out on her wonderful website (also check out Jool's Holland Hootenanny tonight as I suspect something might pop up!   This is pure conjecture, double guessing from tweets........not fact)
So here we take a little look back to a seminal piece and another lovely example of fashion film after yesterday's theme with Malcolm.  Here is "In All The World, I Dream In Paper" which is a MUST SEE for anyone who has missed out on this gem so far.  Petra has sent me some snaps from behind the scenes:
"These are pictures of the preparation for a stop frame animation I made, myself and Sarah Lloyd spent three days completely covered in paint up ladders on the third day, we had to soak our clothes and head scarfs off our bodies in the shower because everything had dried on (I thought I would end up bald)! I was really fun as where completely delirious though lack of sleep and paint fumes!!"
A film of Petra's work on the V&A Friday late fashion show i went to in Sept has also just been uploaded ........so you can now all feast your eyes ........


No comments: