Wednesday 5 May 2010

Weds 5th May: You, Me & Everybody Else - Part 2 - Tara Darby



Tara Darby needs little introduction to this blog as a regular featured artist and of course the recipient of the now illustrious rainbow birthday cake (reciped designed by Lily Vanilli)!  You can keep up to date with Tara's travelling antics over at her own blog with recent portraits of MGMT............  Tara's blog has been selected as one of AnOther Magazine's favourite titles on their Blog Reader..............an essential one-stop shop for anyone wishing to get an edited overview of the day's best treats.

TARA DARBY

To me, "You, Me and Everybody else" signifies the intimacy of recording any friendship or relationship on film... how memories get preserved and then shared by anyone else interested enough to take a look. 

My pictures are a series of my friend Milena taken over the last ten years.  Many are unguarded moments, some are more considered portraits, all tell a story of my friend and a friendship.  Milena is someone I have always been inspired to photograph and looking back over the huge amount of pictures I had of her made me realise how much we have done and seen together since we met back in 2000 when we were both assistants.
There will be a limited edition book called TuttoLula 2000-2010 which will be available to buy at the show.

Here is a little collection of my favourite cameras...


No comments: