Tuesday 31 August 2010

Tues 31st Aug: Moments & Mementos - La JohnJoseph




"Here are my hit photographs...............one is a portrait of me and some of the pieces, the other is a close up of the trinkets.
They are in brief, a necklace full of charms, trinkets and amulets that I have been collecting since I was nine, which a lot of friends have contributed to over the years. I wore it the first day I met my bff Anna and she has one too. That's my teddy bear Aloysius. He's modeling a rosary necklace which my little sister gave to me on the day of her First Holy Communion; subsequently a lot of the beads have fallen off but I wear it everyday regardless. Aloysius goes everywhere with me, he's been stuffed in more suitcases than I care to recall. Finally there's a miniature icon painting of Our Lady of Perpetual Succor that I got from a monastery at the top of a hill on the island of Hydra. She comes with me everywhere too, I'm a definite devotee of the Virgin Mary, she, I and Aloysius are a very happy family. All of these little things are laid out on a rather nice movie poster that my pal Ben wrapped my birthday present up in"

La JohnJoseph

No comments: