Wednesday 4 August 2010

Weds August 4th: Theresa Davies








I absolutely LOVE bonkers makeup............. using the face as a canvas for artwork to adorn the beauty of eyes, lips and cheeks.......particularly sticking 3D objects to the skin...........
So when I saw this image from the London College of Fashion degree show, it grabbed my attention! Here are some preliminary sketches, stop frame animation of the process, and final shots from Theresa Davies project "Armour" and her makeup chair.......where the magic happens......

Q: please can you tell me who or what inspires you and what your art background is............... also what's your plan or dream for the future.


"I have had a fine art background, but chose to turn this into a future in fashion make up and hair.
I have been studying at lcf for 2 years now, and owe all i know to the the teachers there.
Especially Lucy Wearing an amazing make up artist who has taught me so much about the industry and creating a future in the field. Shes definitely one of my inspirations!
Other inspirations are the queen of british talent Vivienne westwood. Also make up artist Pat Mcgraph!

My mum is my biggest inspiration for too many reasons!!

My biggest achievement so far has been working with Drapers Magazine they are such a great team and i enjoyed working with them especially the recent womenswear spring 11 shoots!
I have so many massive dreams but my moto is Aim high - Get high!"

No comments: