Tuesday 7 September 2010

Tues 7th Sept: Pelicans & Parrots








Returning to the studio from visiting my artwork at Dalston Superstore yesterday, I spotted an interesting looking shopfront and did a little rubber-neck walk. My blogger radar pinged but I couldn't stop in my tracks as I had sewing to be seen to.............oh my, did I regret that decision later when I looked it up! The new curiosity shop held a meet and greet session for the single launch for Roots Manuva at the exact time I must have sloped by. ARGH! GUTTED!
So I hot-stepped back to day to see the store "Pelicans & Parrots" and the selection of vintage clothes, shoes, handbags, jewellery, furniture, ornaments, books, artefacts and taxidermy. The walls are adorned with old paintings and framed photographs but also contemporary screen-prints from artists based at nearby PrintClub. What was once home to a travel agents is now a one stop shop for any intriguing gift from an elaborate carnival feather headdress to a smaller cheeky feather crow. To rummage in the racks yourself, do the Dalston thing and head to 40 Stoke Newington Road, N16 7XJ.

For up to date info and perhaps more Roots insider info, follow their twitter.

No comments: