Friday 1 October 2010

Friday 1st Oct: Street Style Book Launch with Ted Polhemus






PYMCA hosted the exhibition and book signing for Ted Polhemus updated version of the classic "Street Style" at Shoreditch Book Club last evening. ROWDY got to meet the man who just wrote up "The East Enders" in this months W Magazine which featured the portrait of him by Tim Walker (see my issue at home here). I never did buy the original as it was always in the library at school so I'm glad I now have my own copy, especially this upgraded edition with new photos from the archive of PYMCA. Here is one such brilliant subculture style snap of Jamaican dancehall by Wayne Tippetts which I'm so pleased has been published in this way. So kids of the new generation, get your own signed copy here............. I know that I referenced it for my thesis on Tank Girl all those moons ago.............

30th Sept-31st October
The Book Club
100 Leonard Street, London, EC2A 4RH

2 comments:

That's Not My Age said...

Love this book - I have a very old copy but I'm going to buy the new edition anyway!

britta burger said...

so you got a signature AND a photo, well done! spent all sunday reading my new book...