Monday 28 January 2013

Monday 28th Jan: Rumble In The Jumble








The good news is that Rumble In The Jumble raised £16,750 on Saturday and there is still a raffle auction to close.......... the bad news is that my battery died from all the excitement so I don't have many photos to capture the spectacle to share here .......

However I did get a snap of co-organiser Gemma Cairney who was up at 5a.m to present her Radio1 show before coming down to the jumble!  Here she is with Kim Howells who hosted part of the styling corner ...... whilst Gizzi Erskine ran refreshments with a ridiculously tasty chilli stall .......... to the soundtrack of guest dj's spinning spending inspiring songs........ 
Just a few of the highlights which helped amass the incredible overall haul of cash to hand over to Oxfam.  Well done everyone who worked so hard to implement the whole thing and to the individual stall holders and to all the artists who donated their personal items to the mix......... including Annie Mac who handed in the identical Lazy Oaf jacket that I had acquired from the girls and didn't want to sell because I wanted it myself ........... which meant I could still get my hands on it in a very tenuous turn of fate!  

To find out more on which items are still for sale (including some sunglasses from Damon Albarn) head over to The Music Circle site............. 

(the final donation to my stall was this fresh hand delivered bouquet from That Flower Shop)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to finally meet you Fred- well done us!x