Wednesday 15 October 2014

Weds 15th October: Frieze Masters






Frieze Art Fair has begun and this year I started off with the original and oldest art world via the section "Frieze Masters" which comprises of galleries "offering a contemporary lens on historical art".  I literally had no idea you could buy ancient art like these 19th Century Dance Masks from Alaska.  It's a little like being in a hidden pocket of the British Museum or National Gallery with the works on sale instead of on display!!!!  If you fancy a Rembrandt or Hogarth for your front room, this is the place to pick one up!!!  My personal favourites that I found at the launch last night was a whole room of Francis Bacon paintings and prints, another with Barbara Hepworth sketches and sculptures, a series of Hans Belmar hand-tinted photographs and one priceless piece of Keith Haring - Untitled 1982.  I can not even begin to imagine the feeling of owning one of these!!  I don't think I'd ever leave my house!  

No comments: