Monday 6 June 2016

Monday 6th June: Stance European Street Art Tour – Copenhagen 2016


















Last month I discovered the street-art of London's East End on a run led by Alternative London which uncovered works from Banksy to Eine and everything inbetween.  This was the first city in a series of European dates on the inaugural Stance Run tour.  The second stop on the trail was Copenhagen and I was lucky enough to win a place to go and join the trip.  With each instalment someone will be chosen to continue onto the next destination with Paris and Milan on the itinerary.  
Here are my snaps from Denmark's street-art including my favourite - a female artist Maya Hayuk who painted this whole building with a bright colour geometric pattern.  Whilst we were out exploring the city, graffiti artist Brandon AKA "Juse One" was spraying a wall of Stance boxes for us to take away as keep-sakes.  I love a good goody-bag and this is definitely the most unique one I've ever had; each signed, stamped and dated so that I now have two from both cities.  The after-party was a great chance to get to know Copenhagen's NBRO running crew better and ask what else to do while I was in town......... hence the winning top-tip of visiting the Luisiana Museum (in the previous posts).  This meant I squeezed in the maximum amount of art in the 24 hours I had in the city to run.  All my favourite things combined in one......... and some new colourful socks, to boot!!


Read about the London run on my fitness blog for HUNGER TV here.

No comments: