Saturday 24 January 2009

Sat 24th Jan: Portrait Profile Weekender Part 2

Stu Stu Studio.

When I ask people to contribute pictures for my entries I always ask for a snap of their working studio as I am fascinated in discovering different interpretations of space and accumulation of paraphernalia. (It was this theme in my work that Tara and I once collaborated. For the Kickers X Project I collected belongings from each designer to use within the prop styling.) Most people selectively ignore this request which i presume is down to a self conscious fear of sharing the reality of their tidiness!
Refreshingly, Tara responded and here is a photograph of her studio which even she had to mention is "a bit messy"! Woops, if that's messy, mine is Armageddon in comparison!
The other 2 pictures are of Roger Hiorns' studio which are unpublished out takes from when she took his portrait for GQ magazine. I have to confess that I am not familiar with his work so in a "Through The Key Hole" manner I had to think "Who could possibly live in a house like thiiiias?" from decoding his collectables. As it transpires he is actually an artist known for his "exceptional use of unlikely materials: detergent, disinfectant, perfume, fire and copper sulphate crystals. Transforming steel poles, car engines and cardboard architectural models into crystalline forms, Hiorns effects surprising, physical and aesthetic transformations on found objects".
(www.artangel.org.uk)






No comments: