Monday 1 June 2009

Monday 1st June: Craig Lawrence






http://www.kenzieburchell.com/


Its that time of year again.  Colleges are frantically getting their graduate shows together and I can't wait!  Tomorrow is the Central St. Martins show which is a little bit scary because I can't believe its been a year since the last one!  I remember rushing down to catch Craig's show and being blown away seeing his collection (as I said at the time - a moment in history).  That sense of pride has snowballed over the year as he has had such an incredible 365 days!  The red ribbon dress modelled by Tilda Swinton on the cover of Another Magazine was just the cherry on top of the cake.  There is the inspiration for those of you about to finish..........it can be done!

Here are some BEAUTIFUL back stage images from the degree show by Kenzie Burchell which I have only just seen.  Its such a joy to revisit, so I wanted to share it!
Here's to the upcoming shows which I'm jumping around with excitement to see.  I'm even presenting the textiles award at the Brighton Uni show, how hilarious!  So please let me know of others I need to see..........so far I have tickets for Kingston Fashion,  LCC Surface Design, and Westminster Illustration............ (thanks to previous placement students, you know who you are, I'm on your case!)

No comments: