Tuesday 17 November 2009

Tues 17th Nov: Anglomania



Apologies for these pretty useless photos.  I need to get my camera fixed and also remember to try and take more snaps to edit from in the first place.  But I just wanted to upload this post to say thanks to Linda Hewson at Selfridges for inviting me to Vivienne Westwood's Anglomania show in the car park of the store last evening.
So here is a list of the things that I was so distracted by, I forgot to record..........
Coral pink bondage trousers, rainbow plaid taffeta, chunky jewellery made from recycled cans, a top hat with decoupage magazine tears of Viv & Andreas,  large pirate hat made from a map, the Melissa collaboration winged wedges, Hilary Alexander's black facsinator,  Shingai Shoniwa's Basso & Brooke beaded breast piece,  Victoria Hesketh's new Jimmy Choos  for H&M, my own super happy making Alistair Carr organza pompom bolero (which I was instructed to take off as it obscured the rest of audience's view).............and Dame Westwood herself who was actually sitting on the front row for once and not organising behind the scenes.............
The extravaganza was laid on to launch the Selfridges exclusive Anglomania concept which holds the first batches of A/W and resort collections  ready to race off the shop floor.......

No comments: