Thursday 21 January 2010

Thurs 21st Jan: Bethan Wood








I'm SO EXCITED to see Bethan Wood's new "designer in residence" exhibition at The Design Museum since ending her MA at the RCA last year.  Her emphasis and fascination has followed on from looking at urban surfaces and moved from table tops to streets and sidewalks.  Here are some of her reference images and sketches that are from her fantastic documentation on her Design Museum blog which you must check out!  The show opens next week so I will be catching up with her at the opening to find out more.............but for now here is a portrait I got at NOKI's shop opening and you can just see amongst the multi-pattern layers, her own camouflage silk scarf.   I LOVE this laminate take on chip board..........I wonder if she has turned this into a fabric design too?

No comments: