Thursday 17 March 2011

Thurs 17th March: Jim Stoten at Pick Me Up with Its Nice That







I read on Jim Stoten's twitter that he was giving away badges recently so I hunted him out at the private view of "Pick Me Up" to pick up my very own packet of pins. Jim was taking part in the "Its Nice That" pop-up section of the contemporary graphic art fair. Throughout the ten day event, different artists will be live drawing and selling the pieces straight off the desk as the ink drys. This offers a chance for the public to meet their favourite creatives and potentially purchase a unique original illustration. Totally unphased by the pressure of spontaneous doodling, Stoten sketchked away as we chatted, looking up to give me some "blue steel" for this photograph!
"Its Nice That" launched the latest in their line of publications last night, adding the 5th edition to the collection........... of which I contributed to the 2nd issue. The duo behind "Its Nice That" are loyal champions of my work and have recently asked me be on this year's judging panel for the "Young Creative Chevrolet" competition. The award scheme has been set up to support fashion, music, photography, design & film under-graduates with a 1st prize of £1,000 .......... so I recommend finding out more if you are an ambitious art student! > apply here

No comments: