Thursday 26 January 2012

Fri 27th Jan: Danny Sangra - Behind the scenes on set of Lianne La Havas "Forget" video shoot

Whilst I was watching CharliXCX and The Maccabees at Koko, Lianne La Havas was playing to another crowd of musos in central London at The Heavenly Social. Its a luscious voice and sound I have had on my radar from both Radio 6 and Black Cab Sessions so I was very excited to see that Danny Sangra directed her latest beautiful video. I contacted him to find out more and fortunately he made time to compile these shots to share whilst he's busy shooting in Paris this week:

"I met up with Lianne just before christmas as we both happened to be in LA at the same time staying in the same neighbourhood despite the fact we both live in Hackney
I said how I wanted to build a set using shadows as the bulk of the set.
Sarianne Plaisant
helped me designing the set. We made a little mock up in a shoe box (you can see my tests at the top) she then went and built it for real.
The video is much softer than most of my other work. Using more pastels (which is tough as I'm colour blind so I had to be really specific) I knew I didn't want any bright white in the video."

I'm equally in love with this graphic promo and her fun dancing around the set as the raw guitar riff and cutting clear vocal of bitter sweet truths - its a catchy one I can't turn off! Lianne has a string of future gigs coming up so there are more opportunities to catch her if you haven't already ......... check her site for dates and venues............... "heed my sound advice" = she's one of the most exciting new faces of British female singer / songwriters ........

Read archive posts on Danny here, here, here and here.
Check out the stylist Beth Buxton here.

No comments: