Thursday 11 July 2013

Thursday 11th July: Thomas Petherick's "ROBOTS IN DISGUISE" at Jaguar Shoes Collective












When I was working with Thomas Petherick on the installation of my pop-up shop last season we talked about the Jaguar Shoes Collective and the shows they put on, inviting artists to re-invent the venue.  Hey presto, a few months down the line and Thomas has taken his fun aesthetic to transform (forgive the pun) the space with "Robots In Disguise" (Logo by ACBANANAS) furniture.  This is Thomas's first solo show taking inspiration from the great Japanese tin toy companies such as Horikawa, Osaka and Yonezawa.  As you can see from the photos, visitors to the installation are able to sit, play and even eat off his creations.  I wouldn't mind my kitchen looking like this!!!!! A giant real life version of my own tin robot collection!!
32-34 Kingsland Road, Shoreditch, London E2 8DA
27th June 2013– 1st September 
(Photos c/o Beatrix Blaise)

No comments: