Wednesday 7 August 2013

Weds Aug 7th: BARBIE OPENS HER FIRST SHOP IN SELFRIDGES











BARBIE OPENS HER FIRST SHOP IN SELFRIDGES SHOWCASING DOLLS
DRESSED BY FRED BUTLER, NASIR MAZHAR, AND SISTER BY SIBLING

Barbie asked me to dress five dolls to be sold as special one-offs as a launch for her new home within Selfridges's Toy Shop which launched this week.  I gave each one a different identity so the collection ended up looking a little bit like a girl group!  The other two London designers in the project are SISTER by SIBLING and Nasir Mazhar who made their Barbies into miniature perfect versions of their collections.  The detail of the knitwear sets and logo tracksuits are so cute!!

Here are snaps from when I finished my girls outfits at my studio and hair-stylist Sami Knight came in to transform their hair.  He straightened their curls and gave them a super slick angular bob to top off my cosmic creations.  As hairstylist to Iggy Azalea I thought he would be the perfect artist for the job, used to taming a long ponytail!! Here you can also see a couple of snaps of the dedicated Barbie department where a central totem pole-style display is housing the dolls.  Head down to Selfridges to see for yourself and check out the whole 4th floor of toys!


No comments: