Wednesday 23 October 2013

Weds 23rd Oct: My "Wearable Mini" with the Samsung Mobile #GalaxyS4 #spon #OVERTOYOU













Recently I was asked by Samsung to try out one of thier new mobile models from a range of specific styles that include an underwater camera that Gemma Cairney took swimming in Hampstead Lady's ponds!!  Other artists to road-test the latest technology have been make-up artist Isamaya Ffrench who made an animation recording a Kaleidoscopic face painting and SBTV's Jamal Edwards who took his Galaxy S4 to record MC's on the street as when he first started out.  I also made my project personal and hands-on by making a hat to fit the handset into so that I can talk whilst I work.  Anyone that knows me will be aware of my shocking and unsociable lack of communication due to my fear of slowing down deadlines with distractions.  Now I can chat and sew all at the same time!  I created an origami pattern headpiece with a secret pocked on the inside of the asymmetric shape, that holds the handset in a gauze pocket so I can hear.  As you can see in an earlier post this week, I wore it to Frieze as a wearable piece of art which worked really well for strangers approaching me to find out where I got it from!  You can watch this video to see how I made it with filming I collected every day to record to the process - in turn recording my daily outfits!  
Check out all of the   videos over on the Samsung youtube site here.  Have a go yourself and enter the competition "THINK YOU COULD DO A BETTER DEMO? TELL US YOUR IDEA AND GET TO MAKE IT FOR REAL"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this blog I really liked it. Iphone