Friday 4 July 2014

Friday 4th July: On Your Bike!









Yero Timi-Biu contacted me to contribute to her project to promote city cycling amongst London's female residents ..........

"On Your Bike is a photo-based project produced and curated by Shanice Martin and Yero Timi-Biu. Stemming from an interest in exploring varying subcultures and a fear of cycling on London roads, the audio slideshow focuses on the everyday lives of women who cycle for pleasure, health, ease of commuting and even as a sporting hobby. Both Yero and Shanice wanted to document and promote an underrepresented cycling culture among women in the UK.
With London transport prices increasing and cycle-related deaths rising, On Your Bike aims to challenge the media’s controversial and differing views, as well as the public’s understanding of cycling as a whole. Their main goal with this project is to encourage a feeling of confidence amongst women on the road whilst cycling. In addition, they would like to create a better understanding of the female cycling subculture and put it at the forefront of today’s discussions."
Here are some of the photos I took with a disposable black and white camera to document my daily life and my beloved bike which goes with me everywhere!  Below is the audio recorded to go with the visuals where I explain my attachment to my two wheels and why everyone should get on your bike...................


No comments: